Thursday, November 19, 2015

DNA test shows my second child is not mine

A 48-year-old Artisan, Alabi Rasheed, on Thursday urged an Ikorodu Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his 10-year-old marriage to his wife, Sherifat, over the paternity of their second child. Rasheed, who resides at Baiyeku Road in Igbogbo, told the court to dissolve his marriage following a DNA test that confirmed he was not the father of the second child. “My wife is into infidelity act and I have caught her severally, one day, I took the two children whom she claimed was mine to do a DNA test without her consent. “From the result, I discovered that the second child was not my own. “Moreover, I am tired of her disgraceful act in the community; she is a debtor and could not even account for her business money. “She was always arrested by the police over debts,’’ he added. Sherifat,42, denied the he husband’s claims, and begged the court to reunite them. “My husband didn’t tell me he was taking our children for a DNA test, he only told me they were going to a birthday party. “I did not believe he did any DNA test, he just wanted to use that as an excuse for divorce. “I want this court to help reunite us and settle our indifferences amicably,’’ she said. The President of the court, Omolara Abiola, ordered them to go to hospital to repeat the paternity test on the children and bring the result for court consumption. She adjourned the case till Dec.2,for further hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment