Friday, March 11, 2016

Rafa Benitez confirmed as Newcastle boss on three-year deal


Speaking of his appointment, Rafa Benitez said: “I have the pleasure to confirm I have committed to a legendary English club, with the massive challenge of remaining part of the Premier League. “It will be a challenge not just for me and my staff but for the players, the Club and the fans.
“All of us must push together in the same direction and with the same target in mind. This is the reason why I’m going to ask for your total support to successfully complete this task. “Personally, it means my return to the Premier League, closer to my home and my family. I can’t be happier. Rafa Benitez is in face-to-face talks with Newcastle chief Lee Charnleyabout succeeding Steve McClaren. The Spaniard is expected to sign a three-year deal with the relegation-haunted Magpies and could be in the dugout for Monday’s game with Leicester. However, it is claimed the contract will contain a break clause if Benitez fails to save them from the drop.Rafa Benitez is usually fighting for trophies rather than fighting the drop. But will the incoming Newcastle boss keep the Magpies in the Premier League? Have your say with our interactive poll below.

No comments:

Post a Comment